- Charlie has been loving the phrases "please tell me" or "please don't tell me..." As an example, on Sunday he said,"please tell me we missed church" that is not a typo. He doesn't like church
- I spotted Charlie walking across the yard at my parents' carrying a pick-axe as big as he is. When I went out to get it, he was furious and I had to hide it (in my mom's shower)
- Stella is a whirling dervish of destruction, punk, and sassy-ness. This week she: poured a bottle of conditioner on the suitcase, sunscreen on Charlie's sheets, purple crayon on the wall, mascara on the floor, eye shadow on the wall, applesauce on the kitchen tile, a 3 inch deep cap of sand on her head, punk chalk on the wall, marker all over her legs..,the list continues
- I know I need to do laundry when I watch Stella try to dab applesauce off her shirt with a placemat
- On Sunday Charlie said the closing prayer in primary. He said "please bless the men who work for us, please bless all the volunteers. And please bless the members of the church that they can go to church soon"
- I found Stella hauling brooms and mops out of the cleaning closet and she yelled, "you can count on me mom!"
- We had family home evening. It is quite an achievement
- Stella had her first lying prostrate on the ground at the grocery store tantrum. That was fun
- On the same shopping trip, Charlie came upon a real shovel. Not a kids shovel-a real metal one that you step on to push down into the dirt. It was love at first sight, and seven dollars well spent. On our way out of the store, Charlie was frantically trying to dig up everything on every flower bed in the walmart parking lot. An old couple was walking in and stopped to watch. The little old man said,"I was just about his age when I got my first shovel." We agreed that it was a momentous occasion for a boy, then went on our way.
- Stella screams the most horrible high pitched scream-a shriek, really. She does it to express all emotions. It is the worst noise in the whole entire world
- Mike and Deb came this week and we went together to the graveside service for their sweet friend, Michelle bird. It was beautiful and heartbreaking. It was remarkable for me to observe the group of people from Wenatchee who just love each other so much. Once again, my testimony of the organization of the church was strengthened.
Stella picking flowers on a trip to the splash pad/gardens with the wonderful mechams. We all love them!Apparently matching swimsuits makes you automatic bffs.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Notes from the first week of June
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment