Driving down the road and the kids were fighting. In an effort to distract them I pointed out the cows in a pasture. Charlie asked what they were called and before I could reply, Stella answered,"cows Michael king". Everyone is Michael king to her. She even named her pretend whale pet, "whale Michael king"
Every closed door now prompts Stella to sing, "so you want to build a snowman?" Which includes her smashing her mouth against the knob on the "it doesn't have to be a snowman" line. She is wonderful. She also likes to recreate the intensely dramatic "let it go" scene. I find her outside throwing sand in the air, stomping dramatically and twirling as though snowflakes are shooting out of her hands a la Elsa.
Every morning that Stella is the first to wake, she gives Charlie the most enormous hug when he staggers out of bed.
Ever since Charlie was tiny, our rule has been that we don't shoot (toy) guns at people (or real ones, for that matter), only at coyotes.
He was shooting a gun at nick when I reminded him of the rule. Without missing a beat, he looked at nick and said, "pretend to be a coyote." Then continues shooting.
No comments:
Post a Comment