Charlie as we pass the pizza place: hey guys! That's the place we been to! It was quite a few toots ago.
Charlie's been hating primary, now that we have one o'clock church. When I tell him that tomorrow is church, he says, "um, I think I'm going to be sick tomorrow." He follows through the next day by telling us how awful he feels. When it didn't work last time, he said that he couldn't go because his teacher is rude. I asked why and he informed me that she hits him.
Well played son. Well played. She definitely doesn't, but it's hard to force him.
When nana asked him how he felt about church, he told her he liked it, because his teacher likes to wrestle with them. And when they are done, she growls " that was a good wrestle." Then he claimed that the teacher was actually a boy. Nana asked what happened to his other teacher, and was informed that she got real old and died.
Stella cried when Kevin left. She whimpered, "I wanted to have a kiss with Kevin...and a hug!"
Stella often wears a different shoe on each food. I suggested we put on a pair and she insisted, "but they work...see!?!" And proceeded to twirl around the kitchen with her arms above her head.
We were going through the drive through and kneaders the other day. I'm accustomed to Charlie's consistent chatter, but I was surprised to hear someone speak back. I turned around to find that he had rolled down his window and had stuck up a conversation with a repairman descending from the roof on a ladder.
Charlie:hey (I so wish I could write his intonation)
Repairman: hello
Charlie: my sister was wondering what you're working on up there, but I already know.
Repairman: I'm working on some light fixtures
Charlie: ahhhhhh, light fixtures. Well, have a good day!
Repairman: goodbye
Charlie (getting in nana's car): hey nana! It's a nice rainy day to be inside!
Charlie: I'm a vegenarian
You didn't need to write his intonation with the repairman. Anyone who knows Charlie King knows EXACTLY what he sounded like at the time. Such adorable, clever children...
ReplyDelete