A collection of thoughts which are running through my mind
and could become blog posts, but will never get there if we wait.
*Today Charlie and I did some planting in our garden (aka
the strip of dirt along our driveway). We planted regular peas and snap peas
and rainbow carrots. We’re late on the peas, but I have a good feeling about
them. Last year, I thought everything I
planted would die and it didn’t. Small victories. It’s fun do things like that
with Charlie because he’s old enough to be good company, to be somewhat helpful
and to scare the you-know-what out of you when he screams “NOOOOOOO” when the
hoe is on the downswing. It would have been a terrible tragedy if my hoe had
inadvertently come down on the earthworm.
Also, while I’m thinking about it, Earthworm Jim. The extent
of my gaming experience. And I loved it. And so did Nick and my mom.
I dug the rows and Charlie planted the seeds. Until he got
tired, then he told me I could do it J
I read him the planting instructions and those numbers were glued in his head.
I kept having to refer to the package and he would say, “two inches” and he
would be right. We got out a ruler and learned about inches and put the seeds
in on the one and the six and the twelve. There was lots of counting and I felt
like a rock start homeschooling mama. Ha.
*It has been over a year since my grandma died. I have yet
to write about her funeral, post pictures or share last Easter. I get easily
overwhelmed by “events”. This explains why there is a running joke in my family
about me being a J-dub. There are no celebrations to be found around here. I’m
working on it….the things we do for our children. I even bought myself a cake
on my birthday and dragged sick Cam out of bed to sing to me. All for the
children. And it was worth it because they adored the whole experience, though
Charlie informed me that his birthday was better than mine. True. So true.
*My parents and Sam are in Mexico with Grandpa (age 88) and
Jackie, Jeff and Lilly. We are dog sitting. Buster slept at our house last
night. In my bed. Yeah. It was wonderful to share the very edge of the king
size mattress with Charlie and his leg thrown over my, and my parents’ smelly
dog. Stella’s started calling him “cutie” in an extremely loving voice.
*I think constantly about education. I have a million ideas
racing around my brain and I’m not sure which one is best and how to reconcile
all the things I feel so strongly about. Some things will have to give, to be
sure, but I hate it.
*I feel like the soundtrack to frozen, is in fact that
soundtrack to my life. It is constantly playing in the background or being sung
by my kiddos. They know EVERY SINGLE WORD. On Sunday we were watching conference at my
parents’ house. Jessica took Ezra into the bedroom to put him to bed. The door
was locked and pretty soon she heard, “Jessica? I know you’re in there. Do you
want to build a snowman?” imagine this being sung, quite fervently, by Stella
Grace. Every closed door ends up being an invitation to “Build a Snowman”
*The weather is changing and it’s playing outside time. I
can judge the weather by the amount of sand I sit on when I get in the tub. Oh
the sandbox.
* This summer is my ten year reunion. I have mixed feelings.
That is all I will say about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment