I kind of think Stella is a genius. It is probably because she's talking so much and it is always surprising to hear what she says. Also, I am of course, biased. She is my daughter.
Stella's been really into pretending to be asleep lately. At the sight of a blanket or pillow, she curls up on her tummy and announces, "I 'tending be 'sleep. Hookay?" Then she covers herself up and closes her eyes. She can stay still for a freaky amount of time. She's been fake sleeping in the car lately too. Whenever I go to get her out, I think she's asleep. Her head hangs to the side, her eyes are closed (no lids fluttering), she breathes totally slow and normal and she doesn't move. I have actually revised our whole day's plans on more than one occasion, only to get Charlie out, look over at Stella and find her smiling and laughing.
My kids have been playing like crazy with our little neighbor girl, Lupita, who they refer to as "Lil Pita." Which sounds like a rapper name. Anyway, Lupita speaks Spanish and also perfect English and they adore her. The other day I turned on a Dora movie for the kids in the car. They said a phrase in Spanish, and Stella started yelling, "Lil Pita! Lil Pita!"
She knew it was the same language Lupita speaks at home and could express it.
Amazing, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment