Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chatting

Every day I feel like Stella surprises me with about fifteen new words (she actually did spend scripture study time "surprising" us today;throwing her arms up every four seconds and yelling "prise!") As she gets more chatty, I discover that she is very girly and very much a Roberts in her heart and soul. A few examples of her girly-ness:
"I love pitty shoes" 
   "Pitty Dress (sways side to side) I see. Mirror!"
"Paint nails. Pitty nails. See pitty toes! I have pitty toes"
and a little ditty..."Love Haydee, yeah!" She loves Hayley so much because Hayley paints her nails. See above statement.
"Sooes (shoes) backon!" back on is combined into one scary German sounding word. You don't mess around with her shoes. Ever.
"Need a bow"

The Roberts in her comes through in drama and speaking in absolutes. In my family, nothing is "cute." It is "The cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life-I can't even handle the cuteness-I am going to die because I think this is so cute and my heart my explode from all the cuteness." 
Drama example: Hands on cheeks, shaking head and repeating "Oh, goth. Oh, goth. Oh, goth" (Oh gosh)
Have I mentioned her lisp?
"Mom, I love  play"
"I love Busty (buster)"
"I love play watoo (water)"
"It's MINE"
Also, whenever she can't remember the name of an animal, she calls it a baby cow. I was reading her a book the other night and pointed to the bunny. "What animal is this?" I asked. To which she replied, "baby cow."

1 comment:

  1. Ok I was doing okay (especially after the lipstick thing) but now you have me missing my girl so much, I CANT STAND IT!!!!) because she is the CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! Was that Roberts dramatic enough? Well, she really is. Lets be honest.

    ReplyDelete