Wednesday, May 29, 2013

We're Not Hoarders (photos from my phone)

 One night Cam was working late and I decided just to do an easy dinner. I was in the kitchen whipping up some grilled cheese sandwiches and cauliflower, which takes about ten minutes to complete. Charlie and Stella were playing in the bedroom. I could hear them chatting and being really cute together. Since they weren't fighting, and were even laughing and having fun, I didn't worry about them. When I finished their food a few minutes later, I went to get them and found this:


Charlie said he was helping me get my room clean. In all fairness, my room had been pretty messy, but he had taken everything off the floor, all the shoes out of our closet (you can see the shoe rack on his bed), all the shirts Cam had carefully ironed and hung in the closet, the dirty clothes hamper, two baskets of clean clothes, a pile of incoming mail, a box of papers to recycle, a box full of things to be donated at the DI and a few additional items just for kicks and piled them into his room. I may have cried. The photo doesn't even do it justice. It reached my knees. And took me hours to clean up. 
While I was getting ready to take Charlie to playgroup (formerly known as preschool) he found a cooler to "pack a lunch" in and filled it with a giant batch of frozen waffles I had made. He added some ice packs to keep everything cold. I took out most of the waffles, but let him take a few,which he gladly shared with his preschool friends (they actually toasted and ate them! Thanks Candice!) He was quite pleased with himself.


At the park-his favorite place to play ice cream store. I'm including a chubby selfie so as to document my existence

Blurry because she never stops moving-but this girl is IN LOVE with shoes. IN LOVE.


Charlie sat down in the chair and told us he needed "to rest my bones"

enjoying Sammy's new longboard
seriously

We had some music on in the kitchen while I cleaned. I turned around to find these two dancing together. Some moments just make your mama heart happy.
 Hide and seek with Abby
The secret to Costco, hit up the snacks before you shop. Also, look at all those bruises on his legs!

I wish you could see this better, because it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I looked out the window and saw Hayley push Charlie crazy high on the tire swing, then watched in shock as she threw herself down on top of his legs to keep him in the swing, and then he laid his head down on her back. Truly one of my favorite moments. Is it any wonder Hayley is such a popular Aunt? And person in general?

ice cream shop with Grammy


Grammy, Pappy and Jess came to visit. We took the whole crew to the park and Tia, the baby girl Jessamyn placed three years ago (!) came to play with us while her mom went birthday shopping. It was so fun to see her spunky little personality and her mini-Jessamyn good looks. Every time I see them together, I am amazed at how celestial it feels. There are so very many people who love her, and I'm glad we get to be part of that. Also, her parents are awesome and so funny, so that makes it even better.
My kids were obsessed with baby Roxy, more pics of that to come.



1 comment:

  1. I hope my grand-kids will one day realize what an amazing, patient, kind, fun, and loving mom they have!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete