Saturday, June 1, 2013

Shower for the 4th Sister and the Boys Day

Hayley and McKinsey have been inseparable for so long that she feels like a 4th sister, and part of the fam. We had the opportunity to host a bridal shower for Kins in May. I normally don't post about this kind of thing, but am quite pleased with myself, as I am notoriously un-crafty. Let the record show that I came up for the idea for this shower sans pinterest and even sketched it on a piece of paper. We should also let the record show that after that I just prepped food. I didn't do much of the hands on craftiness. That is all my sisters. Also, for the record. My mom throws one heck of a party. It's the kind of thing she just doesn't do halfway. Stella thoroughly enjoyed the eclairs before she was excused for a nap.









While the girls were being girly, Charlie was having a boys day with daddy. They hit up the fireman pancake breakfast (dream come true for our fireman wanna-be), then headed off to Cabelas to buy fishing nets and a sun hat for mom for mother's day. I love that he has such a good dad and that they have so much fun together.


 I bought Charlie this fireman hat because he is in love with all things firefighter, but for the last year, has been wearing an assortment of boxes and bins on his head to represent fireman hats. As seen below:
After the shower, we all headed up to Strawberry so that Cam and Charlie could catch baby fish in their net and crayfish....because they are boys. And boys like stuff like that. And Stella likes throwing rocks, so we all found our thing
Here is the orphan look, a far cry from the party dress she was wearing earlier




2 comments:

  1. The Roberts women DO know how to party! I love that about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the record show that I really wanted you to throw my baby shower! Great job Whit!

    ReplyDelete