Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Things Charlie Says

Charlie has a habit of using these phrases that we never say to him, but that he picks up from shows or other people. It catches me so off guard when I hear things like this come out of his mouth:
"Nice work Sparky"
"Good Job Squirt"
"I will prove it to you"
"It is perfectly safe"
"yokey yokey" (okey dokey)

When Charlie was sick he had a few accidents at night. I bought some pull-ups to cut down on my laundry. Naturally, as soon as I bought them the accidents stopped, but I figured we should use them anyway just to be safe. The other morning Charlie refused to go potty (it's such a hassle to him, and a constant battle). After a while he yelled, "mom, I gotta go potty!" I headed off to the bathroom, but he didn't follow. When I looked back, I figured out what was going on as he said, "I'm ok now mom." I said, "hey don't go in your pull-up, you can make it to the bathroom." He followed me, but rolled his eyes and with utter exasperation he said, "mom, this diaper is perfectly safe."

The other day, Charlie and I went to shopping to get him some new summer clothes, since he has none. We got a few things at Old Navy and on our way out Charlie was grabbing items as fast as he could from the terrible, mother-torturing wall that lines the check out at that horrible store. There are loads of useless goodies and toys right at three-year-old level. He was particularly enamored by an old fashioned little ninja turtles lunchbox. I told him he could get a lunchbox when he was older, but for the next two days I would find him with his little head in hands pouting and muttering, "I just really want that injun turtles lunchbox. Hmpf." "Mom, I just really wish I could have an injun turtles lunchbox."
 I don't know how he even knows who the ninja turtles are, but his heart is set on it. The next day, he decided to take a lunchbox to preschool. I came into the kitchen to find my little buddy with a small cooler strapped across his chest. It was really heavy. I asked what was in it and he showed me. Two large ice packs and about fifteen frozen waffles. I finally sneaked about ten of them out and back into the freezer (I had, after all, spent two hours making waffles the day before.) Then off Charlie went to school.
  The best part is that Candice went with the flow. She toasted the waffles and put syrup and cream on them and the kids gobbled up those whole wheat, flaxseed meal, wheat germ frozen waffles. That boy makes me laugh every second.

We found a ladybug in our house a few weeks ago. Charlie loves ladybugs and was having a wonderful time letting the bug crawl around on his hands. He dropped it and panicked. Cam took the opportunity to teach Charlie that Heavenly Father answers prayers. They said a prayer that they would find the bug, though Cam had spotted it as they were kneeling down, so he grabbed it and held the dying little guy by a wing for the rest of the prayer. When they were done, the bug was recovered and we were all happy.
 Today Charlie spotted a gnat in our house. He tried to catch it, but had no luck and neither did I. Charlie came to find me a few minutes later and announced that, "I said a prayer to Heavenly Father that I can find the bug."

A lady started saying the closing prayer in sacrament meeting today. She said, "Dear Heavenly Father..." Then Charlie chimed right in, "We're thankful for.." before realizing that she was going to say the whole prayer.

I had a hundred dollar bill on the ledge in our kitchen. Cam asked me if he should put it in his wallet and I told him no, because it was my mom's. Later that afternoon, I went to find it and it was gone. I was a little annoyed that Cam had taken it and texted him to find out where it was. He responded that he hadn't touched it, ask Charlie. Sure enough, Charlie had claimed the money and directed me to his treasure chest, where I found it carefully folded and stowed under all the coins.

  We had a knock on our door the other day. Charlie raced to the door to see who it was. It was a guy from the lawn care company who was informing us that he was going to spray the yard. I said that was fine and as I was signing the paper, Charlie said, "If you have some extra time when you're done, can you clean our car too? It's really messy."

  We've had a cereal obsession here, so the other night I was trying to make my son happy and I bought a bag marshmallow mateys. The kids went crazy for the "squishies" as Charlie calls them. Stella ate all the marshmallows out of her bowl, then spooned every last piece of cereal into the cup holder of her tray and announced "mess!" They've been hauling

showers "Mom, I love showers!"
stealing diet coke and gingerale
primary: falling off chair, smelling shoes, sister kinzey!
911
covering privates
pee fing
abby's friends are her brothers
missionary
my picture: I want my real mom. I'm going to put this here so I can see her every day
my rescue bot is really difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment