This has become Charlie's mantra. He chants it as he runs-never walks around the house. Yesterday he escaped from my parents house and within seconds was out the door, down the stairs, through the garage, outside and half way down their hill in the snow before he was caught by my dad. I will add that he was only wearing a diaper and pants.
Little Buddy FINALLY had tubes put in his ears on Thursday morning. We are hoping for lots more sleep now. He always had fluid in his ears and every week or so it would build up and hurt him. He wouldn't sleep at all. It was awful. I got so after one night of bad sleep I would go straight to the doctor. We would leave with an antibiotic in hand and he would sleep better right away.
Charlie was up all night the night before his surgery in pain...again. It was awful and boy, were we tired the next morning. He was shy with the nurses, but after a while he started sneaking out of his room to the nurses station and throwing his ball to them. He was only in surgery for like 8 minutes and looked so very cute in the giant t-shirt they had him wear.
***Attention parents and me, should I ever read my blog again: Keep your own medical records. I didn't realize that I had been to the doctor 9 times since September for ear infections until my pediatrician printed off the records and gave them to me. I don't think he realized how long it had been going on either. If I had been keeping my own records, I would have known and would have insisted on having the tubes put in earlier. I am just keeping some paper in the binder where I keep the rest of Charlie's things and jotting it down when he's sick or goes to the doctor. Plus, then I will be better at answering the doctor's questions.
Charlie's already feeling much better and aside from hating life when he woke up from the anesthesia, he's done very well. He despises the ear drops and hopefully we won't have to use them much, because he screams bloody murder.
No comments:
Post a Comment