Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time to Get My Act Together!

We went to Washington to visit Cam's family at the end of April-just in time for the Apple Blossom Festival! Woohoo! I am finally putting the pictures on here. Needless to say, it took a while for us to recover! We drove and it was the first long haul with Charlie. It should have taken us about 13 hours...but we arrived there over 15 hours later! Exhausting. Here is the graphic reason for our trip delays. Do not read on if you have a weak stomach-or if you do not have children. If you do, this won't even phase you. 
Charlie had been having big time tummy trouble. He was very constipated and we even had to take him to the emergency room because his little tummy was so swollen. It was awful. Anyway, the doctor told us to give him some milk of magnesia to "clean him out". He also promised me that we would know when the time came. Unfortunately, this was the night before our trip. I gave baby the medicine in his bottle and off we went. Less than half-way he started going potty. (this was one of those defining moments when you realize that you really are parents, because we were so excited. And let's be honest, this is a discussion and celebration you only have when you are parents). 
We stopped at a gas station. Cam went inside and I was going to change Charlie in the car. It seemed like a bad one, though so I headed inside, passing Cam on the way. I got Charlie onto the changing table, unsnapped his pants and poop started falling out everywhere. I threw Charlie over my arm, ran out into the gas station and told Cam that he had to help. So we commandeered the woman's bathroom and tag-teamed it. Cam held Charlie up while I cleaned. There was poop everywhere. Charlie was standing in it, it was from  his neck to his toes. And in between. And in between his toes. It was so disgusting and the only thing that kept me from crying is the fact that I was laughing so hard. 
We threw the outfit away and carried on. Only to have the same thing happen 4 more times. We ran out of clothes and just left him in his diaper. It was awesome. This picture is Charlie taking a breather at one of the rest stops (while I was busy mopping out his car seat and throwing away his clothes) Ahh the joys of parenthood. 
p.s. women kept coming in and using the restroom-even with Cam there. We thought it was weird..

Here is Charlie getting reacquainted  with Grandpa King. They were about to surprise Grandma-who thought we were coming the next day.
These are at the Apple Blossom Parade. Nick and Cam, then pictures of everyone with Charlie-of course. He is one popular little guy!

3 comments:

  1. Wet my pants reading about your poop-scapades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably the best-worst poop story ever. I thought my worst poop story was bad, but yours trumps mine times 4. And yeah, that's weird, I'm pretty sure I would just wait to use the bathroom if there was a man in there.

    ReplyDelete