Monday, July 19, 2010

Carole and James

  Last Thursday we went to the Carole King and James Taylor concert. It was in a word AMAZING. At the risk of sounding as old as everyone else there (yes we were the youngest by a long shot), they just don't make 'em like that anymore. It was easily the best concert any of us had been to. I had no idea how much I loved Carole King until I saw her live. And I do love her. So much. If you want to hear a bit of the magic, listen to them on grooveshark (James Taylor and Carole King Live at the Troubadour), you will not be disappointed. I have been listening to it since the concert. It doesn't do complete justice, because it is hard to imagine two 70 year olds dancing, jumping and singing like they are....much younger. I don't even think I could keep up with them.
  James Taylor is basically all that Cam and I listened to when we were dating, so of course it made me feel very sappy.
  We went with my parents and enjoyed a lovely pre-concert dinner at miramar. If you have ever been in Salt Lake with my dad, chances are you have been to miramar, and possibly met the chef, who my dad searches out in the kitchen each time and compliments on the delish food.
  Hayley was wonderful enough to babysit Charlie for the whole evening. We so appreciated it.

I also took a cute picture of me and Cam with my mom and dad, but the old lady who took it somehow switched it to video. Lesson learned: don't ever ask old people for help with anything digital

No comments:

Post a Comment