Five days shy of his first birthday, this little love took off.
He has been walking around the furniture and holding onto our legs and hands for ages, but has been too scared to try it himself. He's taken a couple steps, but nothing really. Yesterday in relief society we sat in the "mom corner" in the back. There were four other babies close to Charlie's age and three of them were walking all over. I think he was inspired.
Yesterday afternoon I was cleaning up the kitchen and noticed out of the corner of my eye two fat little feet moving. I looked over and there was Charlie marching across the kitchen floor. Nobody was beckoning or encouraging, he just took off. I ran for the video camera and called Cam, and miracle of all miracles....he didn't make a liar out of me! He was walking all over the house like he'd been doing it forever. Old news really. It was hilarious. We clapped for him, so he clapped too. So we spent the evening clapping and walking, then enjoying dinner with the Driscolls.
Also amazing is what we call "the hulk". When Charlie gets mad, he balls up his fists and yells at you. his whole body goes tense and his face turns red with the effort. He realized he gets a funny reaction from it and now he "goes hulk" whenever he needs a little attention. I'm sure this one won't be so cute later, but it sure is right now.
Whitney! I cannot believe how big Charlie is getting! You guys are the cutest little family. I wish I could visit both Utah and California this summer :( We should have played together more when I lived so close...what were we thinking?! Miss ya tons :)
ReplyDelete