Sunday, February 21, 2010

We're Gonna Miss Those Days....

When he lacked mobility. It's about time for baby-proofing.
Charlie's been making lots of changes lately, depsite being a sick boy for quite a while. He finally kicked the giardia, and now has quite a cold. You can definitely see his sweet little disposition. He is still happy and sweet, even when he feels awful. Here's what's going on lately:
His two adorable little teeth are all the way through and they make every smile that much cuter.
He is scooting everywhere-backwards. He gets up on his hands and knees, then circles the room backwards. He tries to move forward, but to no avail and it is so frustrating for him!
He is getting very adept at getting what he wants. He rolls, scoots and lunges to get toys or more often, things he isn't supposed to have! He was playing on his tummy this week and had scooted off the blanket to get something he wanted. I moved him on his tummy back to the center of the mat, but when I looked over a few minutes later he was sitting up. That night he was feeling sick, so he was up every few hours (worse than when he was a newborn!), and every time I went into his room, he was sitting up in his crib calling to me. It was so cute.
 Charlie is still facinated with his hands. He is using his newfound coordination to make the milk sign back to me. Whenever I sign it to him and he's hungry, he smiles, laughes, bounces and dives at the source. If he's not, he ignores it. I'm already loving sign language!
He has the longest attention span. We always get tired of the games before he does! As long as he can see his mom, he will play with his toys forever, sometimes for hours at a time.

My mom put him in the laundry basket to keep him contained while she did her laundry! He loves to watch the washing machine! He laughs his head off at it.

You can sort of see those cute little teeth here-I need to get a good picture
Charlie's been working out a lot lately. Dad's got him doing pull-ups.
He loves his daddy so much. Nobody can make Charlie laugh like Cam can. It is adorable. Cam has been putting Charlie to sleep at night for the past couple of nights. They have a little routine of turning off the lights and turning on the fan before going into his room. As soon as Cam steps into Charlie's room, he lays his little head down on his daddy's shoulder and starts to go to sleep. So cute. The other night, Cam went to the gym so I was putting the baby down. But, I swear he was waiting for his dad. He was still awake over an hour later when Cam got home, then he went right to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Sick babies always make me sad. Donovan gets extra snuggly when he's sick, but I would much rather have him tearing up the house and sleeping at night! I don't know what it is about boys and their daddy's, but they definitely have a special connection. When Brad's out of town, Donovan doesn't sleep very well. Charlie is so adorable, I think his eyes make him look just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get together. I really want to meet this little boy of yours. So cute Whit. text/call me please!! 801-787-1923

    ReplyDelete