In the last week, Charlie has accomplished a lot and been a very busy boy!
He has started crawling! Not hands and knees, but army crawling while propelling himself forward with his little feet. It is very cute, and he is already so fast, especially if something off-limits is within reach.
He knows that it is sometimes faster just to roll, so if he wants something across the room, he lays down, rolls to it and then sits back up.
We absolutely can't keep him lying down. He pops up the second you put him in his crib-even if he's asleep. It's very funny.
Today I put my little buddy in his crib to play for a minute while I did a few things in his room. Before I knew it he was on his knees hanging on to the edge of the crib (I always find him like this, it is unbelievably cute. He loves to suck on the bars of the crib). Then, I watched him plant his little feet and stand right up like he had been doing it his whole life. He was so excited and proud of himself. He was laughing and jumping around, and he stood up by himself until I finally picked him up.
Everyone told me they grow up so fast, but I didn't understand how true it is!
If only he would start eating real food. He hates it so much.
He is so adorable! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't believe he is doing all those 'big kid' things. What a champ. Claire hasn't tried to crawl yet! I can't believe how fast they grow! It's funny because I was noticing in your last post that Claire has the EXACT same toys as Charlie:) Glad your baby is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteOk, so MAtthew will do the same thing with standing in his crib, but he doesn't know how to get down so then he's stuck and standing and crying until I go in and get him... needless to say his nap times have only been a me laying him down, his standing up and crying, me going back in and laying him down, him standing up, and so forth - so if you find a way to help Charlie to sit down or go to sleep in his crib without standing up let me know! I'm dying for some help! :) Anyway - good luck with the childproofing!
ReplyDelete