Charlie has giardia. He's been feeling sick lately. I didn't know what was wrong, but I knew something was. Plus he had some foul smelling gas (sorry to be gross, but it's just the truth). So I finally took him to the doctor, who informed me after a complete examination that Charlie seemed fine physically. Then when I started explaining his other, stinkier, symptoms the doctor was completely surprised, but confident in his diagnosis. Charlie boy has been taking medicine and seems to be doing much better. Poor little fella.
Now I need to proclaim to the world that I am completely paranoid about germs and consider myself to be very sanitary. If someone has been giving my son unfiltered stream water to drink behind my back, please step forward. Also, let me just ask for myself and all other parents, that people refrain from sticking their hands into baby's mouths.
The doctor said that parasites are everywhere, and even the best parents who do everything right have children with weird ailments, but still...it is so disgusting. I feel dirty all over.
Moral of the story is wash your hands and trust your motherly instinct.
Maybe we'll finally get our good little sleeper back!
oh.. poor little man!!!!!! i hope he gets feeling 100@ again soon!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's awful! I'm so sorry! I totally know what you mean about people sticking fingers in his mouth! I am like paranoid anywhere I go - especially to people's houses who have little kids because Matthew wants to suck on all the toys and I have no idea where those toys have been - and then the other kids try to suck on Matthew's toys...I want to scream!
ReplyDeleteAlso, that's awesome that he was so good when his teeth came in! Matthew was a little fussy with the first one, but the second one he's been super fussy :( I know what you mean about comparing - but it's funny cause I look at your blog and I'm like 'Wow! look at all the stuff Charlie is doing! like moving around so much!' Matthew is still pretty stationary, but he's starting to branch out. I had to laugh at your story about church and him having so much energy - esp next to Julie Beck! I'm sure she was just adoring him though! He's so cute - I look at him and think, wow he looks just like Cam and then I look at another picture and think - no that's totally whitney. He's adorable! Wish we were closer too!