I think that we learn great truths in times of darkness. Today was a dark day. It felt as though a cloud settled on our house, then sneaked into all the nooks and crannies, filling them with discouragement and hopelessness. It was almost tangible-that darkness. Most days Cam and I take turns lifting each other-when one is struggling, the other rallies and rescues. Today, we were both weighed down by the darkness.
We decided that for today success would be making it through until tomorrow, so that's what we tried to do. After everything went wrong, I gave up on making dinner and drove to the pizza place to buy it, which is when I discovered I had no money with me. As we drove to Nana's house as a last resort, I started thinking about the timing of this feeling of despair. A quote came to my mind about how Satan is the author of discouragement and these feelings never come from our loving Heavenly Father. This coming week will be an important, even vital week for Cam and his business. His business will do incredible things. We've been told by countless people who learn the ins and outs of it that it will change the world. I believe it has that power. Then, I thought that certainly Satan wants us to be discouraged on this eve of success and beginning an important work.
My mind felt a little lighter and I felt a new truth come into my heart. I am always doing the most important work. Cam's business is important and Heavenly Father is very involved in it, but the work we are doing as parents and teaching the gospel is more vital than anything else. Satan is always working to make me feel disheartened in my work as a wife and mother. If I do nothing else, I will be successful if I have raised secure children who know who they are and love the Lord. When I focus on that goal, it's a little easier to drive out the darkness and replace it with love and light.
Goodness, I love being a mom. I want nothing more than for these little ones of mine to grow up to be righteous. I want them to be leaders and bring others the joy of the gospel. Satan will always fight against us, but the light of the Savior will force him out of our home and far from our hearts.
We'll have no more terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad days around here. I know what we're up against and that the stakes are high. I have to light up my home and family so that there's nowhere for the cloud of darkness to set up camp. I'm so grateful for the gospel and for all the tools I have to keep this family of mine on the path. They are so worth the fight
No comments:
Post a Comment