Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year

We've set up sick camp in my bed and on my nightstand. We've all been sick for a week. Charlie told me his ear hurt once last night, then this morning he told me it felt like there were guys shooting in it. 
Off to after hours clinic we went. The nurse commented on how cheerful and friendly Charlie was, as usual. He had an infection. We started antibiotics, pain got worse and worse through the day. Cam gave him a blessing. Charlie took a shower and calmed down and was watching a movie. Suddenly he slapped his ear and started screaming. I kept telling him to calm down because I am awesome like that. It wasn't until he was feeling better a few minutes later that it occurred to me that his eardrum had burst, sending his little blue tube out. Guilt. I'm thinking we may need to replace those tubes. It was an awfully traumatic day for me and Charlie.
 After the burst, he took a bath, dad brought home pizza and he watched shows and tried to instigate pillow fights wearing nothing but underwear. He said, "not at all!" When I asked if his ear was hurting, but the poor little fella conked out on my shoulder after about one paragraph of Charlotte's web. The day took a toll. 
 Here's to sick season

No comments:

Post a Comment