Background:
Tonight we were over at my parents' house and a few boys came to see Abby. Charlie, being the social guy he is, spent several minutes chatting with them and entertaining them with Beiber dances and his spiderman boots. He yelled, "Bapoo, some guys are here, and they like my boots!"
He adores Sam and had to sit next to Sam, and at some points tried to share his chair. Before he would admit to liking mushrooms or the soup, he checked to see how Sam felt about them. It's darling.
When we pray with Charlie, we give him the formula and he fills in the rest. I say, "Dear" and he fills in "Heavenly Father." Tonight I said, "I'm thankful" and Charlie jumped right in, "I like those guys and the soup is really good." I prompted, "And I'm thankful..." and he said, "for my food" twice. Then I said, "and please bless..." he said, "us. Name of Jesus. Amen."
The prayers around this place are awesome. The prayer following the Samuel the Lamanite story last week took off from "and please bless..." into a retelling of the story, with the addition of a lot of bad guys and fighting.
No comments:
Post a Comment