Charlie loves music and he loves dancing. His current playlist looks like this:
Justin Bieber, Baby
Dave Matthews Band, So Much to Say (he calls this song "shortcut music" we don't know why)
Phillip Phillips, Home (called the oh, oh, oh song)
Gotye, Somebody That I Used to Know
These songs are on repeat. Constantly. Every night when dad gets home, he plugs his phone into the speakers and the kids dance. Charlie runs around the room in circles, and Stella bobs her head and tries to get Charlie to hold her hands and dance with her. This evokes both laughter and tears.
Both kids love listening to music in the car. I love looking in my rear view mirror to see both those little heads nodding and swaying. It's hilarious. Charlie calls the shots on our music. I scan the radio and he approves (by beginning to dance and flail) or disapproves (yelling NO! Then a more polite " Mom, will you please change the song?" This quickly escalates in intensity and volume if I don't comply). He only likes to listen to men sing. He asks for "loud, big boy music" or "party music". If I sing along with a male singer, he insists that I stop, because "only Dad can sing this one." If we can find a female singer that he will tolerate, he thinks it's ok for me to sing.
Charlie has been loving the show Fresh Beat Band lately. He even told me he wanted to be "in that show". But he doesn't like the girls on it. Sometimes he'll point to the two girls and say things like, "these two are worser. I don't like the grils. I want to get rid of them." Today it reached new levels when he informed me that he wanted to "destroy" the girls "in big bowls of hot soup." So that's that.
Today Charlie was driving through the fog with Cam. He said, "Oh, it's so white. Perhaps we should get a hairdryer and blow the clouds away."
A few nights ago we were trying to get him to eat his dinner. Cam threatened to eat Charlie's soup and Charlie obliged, pushing it toward him and insisting, "it's all yours."
Cam asked Charlie to share something the other day and he said, "Oh, I suppose you can have two." We really have no idea where he picks up these phrases.
Stella was walking around chanting something. My mom and I finally figured out that she was saying her name, "Stella Grace" coming from her it sounds a lot like "LaLa Gick" and it is really cute.
Stella is climbing on everything and it is driving me crazy. Every time I turn around she's on top of the table and laughing her head off about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment