I'm thrilled beyond belief that Christmas is over. Really, really happy. There are plenty of things I love about the season, but I HATE trying to get my kids on a schedule again afterwards. We were party-poopers lots of nights and brought the kids home early, but they were still way off (thus the children waking up at 9:45pm last night and finally going back to bed at nearly 1am). I have insisted that we are boycotting all evening events next year, but I don't think I would trade any of the fun we had. Cam was battling a bad cold, which took a turn for the worst on Christmas morning, but we still had a good time and got to spend lots of time with Hayley before she left for London.
We have a few more pictures on our phones, but I am still always surprised at the strange photos I have, and the others that I fail to take. Not pictured: Frantic Christmas Eve shopping by my entire family (I can't judge too harshly, Charlie and I did pick up a few things at Wal-Mart), arctic winter snows and storms, Whole Foods turkey dinner with my family (minus Nick and Jessica who were cruising in Mexico), the Goldstein-Roberts, and Christian. Also not pictured, our tasty pasta bar Christmas dinner with the Grays, Charlie and his buddy Jack playing like crazy, playing hand and foot and games games games.
Also, I was present, though I fail to get myself into photos. Just so you know kids. I was there.
 |
| A "we feel bad that you smashed your face and bit through your lip on Christmas Eve" gift |
 |
| Both kids fell head over heels in love with Lilly and were glued to her for the entire holiday |
 |
| Christmas jammies |
 |
| This girl is always on a phone |
 |
| We had the kids wait in their bedroom while we got ready for the big reveal. Charlie used this time to get in the crib and "nap" |
 |
| Christmas morning (afternoon) they forgot about Christmas and we let dad sleep in. They didn't even stop to check out the kitchen, just got right to work cooking |
 |
| And preparing tasty soup for Dad |
 |
| I ended up giving them their gifts one at a time and spacing them out, because they were having such a blast with each one. These magna-tiles were a definite winner. Lakeshore learning is the best for non-junk toys |
 |
| Jeff was immediately lulled to sleep by his handsome pillow pet, white elephant gift |
 |
| Another white elephant- Gray Away. The girls helped dad test it out, on the spot |
 |
| And we brought home the very loud singing dog, which Stella loved to cuddle and dance with |
 |
| Stella and Sam cuddling and admiring his awesome Marilyn Monroe ear buds |
 |
| Of course, we celebrate Hayley's New Year's Eve birthday with an assortment of candles adding up to 21, Goodwood take-out and games |
 |
| Charlie walked into the kitchen holding the lid to the cake and with frosting smeared all over his face announced, "I was just checking which cake was Hayley's" Naturally, he had to test the word right in the middle of the cake |
 |
| Last but not least, a shot of the fam watching the security cameras as Hayley walked out her (former) romantic interest. This is just before Dad yelled, "this is unethical" and they all filed out and tried to act natural when she came in cringing. |
Thank you for including the former. VERY important. also i am really glad you got a photo of the family in the laundry room. Also your kids are unbelievably cute and I miss you all!
ReplyDeleteMore Pictures! More Pictures! More Pictures! I miss your kids. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big Stella is getting!
ReplyDelete