Stella better get talking soon so she can get some space on the blog. It's just easier to write things kids say than do.
A forgotten post of funny Charlie things:
"Do they have chocolate milk? Oh goody! I just love chocolate milk."
From the bathroom:
"Dad. Dad. Daddy! Dad! Dad" I went in. "Not you! Daddy!" Then daddy went in. "Hey daddy. I did two poops. One long one and one small one. Dad, check out this long one.
Charlie started yelling, "Hit it boys!" Then making his dad sing while he danced. Over and over and over again.
I found Charlie dousing a sing a ma jig in the sink and insisting, "this lady is sick. she needs a bath. in the sink." The sing a ma jig didn't recover well from that. It started singing and yelling, entirely unprovoked and untouched. It was frightening to say the least. Cam used it as an excuse to dump those creepy dolls in the garbage can. Outside of course. He's a scary movie connoisseur.
These were written down in my email. Don't know if I've posted them before or not.
Some girls in the neighborhood and I are doing a little joy school/preschool/glorified playgroup for our little ones. We hosted the first week. After preschool, Charlie put his little hands behind his back, looked up at me and said, "Mom, are you my mom again?" I said, "Of course honey, what else would I be?" He said, "My cheacher! (teacher) You were my cheacher and now you're my mom!"
The other day, I overheard Charlie offering this advice to Stella, "If you want to feel good, you gotta listen to your heart." Impressed with his wisdom, I came around the corner to find him-stethoscope in hand.
They were short on teachers in nursery a few weeks ago, so I stayed to help. When it was time to clean up toys, I spotted Charlie hiding behind the play kitchen trying to pocket a little plastic lizard. He only left it when promised that we'd buy him one of his own. I picked one up at Wal-Mart for a dollar the next day. He was positively thrilled. It provided many hours of enjoyment.
Then Dad decided to up the ante and bring home a real lizard. I wasn't overjoyed, but man was he happy.
After Aunt Lan left, Charlie was calling Bapoo, "Johnny" all the time and telling funny stories about "Johnny".
Today Charlie came in and snuggled with Cam. After a few minutes he looked up at Cam and said,"Are you finkin what I'm finkin?"
I asked Charlie if he would like some of the dessert we made for dad. He said, "Yes. That would be lovely...just like you are lovely."
A forgotten post of funny Charlie things:
"Do they have chocolate milk? Oh goody! I just love chocolate milk."
From the bathroom:
"Dad. Dad. Daddy! Dad! Dad" I went in. "Not you! Daddy!" Then daddy went in. "Hey daddy. I did two poops. One long one and one small one. Dad, check out this long one.
Charlie started yelling, "Hit it boys!" Then making his dad sing while he danced. Over and over and over again.
I found Charlie dousing a sing a ma jig in the sink and insisting, "this lady is sick. she needs a bath. in the sink." The sing a ma jig didn't recover well from that. It started singing and yelling, entirely unprovoked and untouched. It was frightening to say the least. Cam used it as an excuse to dump those creepy dolls in the garbage can. Outside of course. He's a scary movie connoisseur.
These were written down in my email. Don't know if I've posted them before or not.
Some girls in the neighborhood and I are doing a little joy school/preschool/glorified playgroup for our little ones. We hosted the first week. After preschool, Charlie put his little hands behind his back, looked up at me and said, "Mom, are you my mom again?" I said, "Of course honey, what else would I be?" He said, "My cheacher! (teacher) You were my cheacher and now you're my mom!"
The other day, I overheard Charlie offering this advice to Stella, "If you want to feel good, you gotta listen to your heart." Impressed with his wisdom, I came around the corner to find him-stethoscope in hand.
They were short on teachers in nursery a few weeks ago, so I stayed to help. When it was time to clean up toys, I spotted Charlie hiding behind the play kitchen trying to pocket a little plastic lizard. He only left it when promised that we'd buy him one of his own. I picked one up at Wal-Mart for a dollar the next day. He was positively thrilled. It provided many hours of enjoyment.
Then Dad decided to up the ante and bring home a real lizard. I wasn't overjoyed, but man was he happy.
After Aunt Lan left, Charlie was calling Bapoo, "Johnny" all the time and telling funny stories about "Johnny".
Today Charlie came in and snuggled with Cam. After a few minutes he looked up at Cam and said,"Are you finkin what I'm finkin?"
I asked Charlie if he would like some of the dessert we made for dad. He said, "Yes. That would be lovely...just like you are lovely."
Hahaha, loved the "...you gotta listen to your heart" comment. Of course he had a stethoscope he was using! Ha!
ReplyDelete