Every time we get into the car, Charlie causes havoc while I am buckling Stella in. He climbs into the front seat and pushes every button and knob he can find. When he sees me coming to the driver's door to get him, he darts over the console into the back seat. I walk around the car to buckle him in and back to the front he goes. I reach in from the back and he shrinks in to the front corner-just out of reach. This takes place in our driveway everyday, every time we leave the house. It also takes place in crowded parking lots with Stella screaming and when the weather is inclement. Charlie finds the whole thing completely hysterical-collapse into fits of giggles-hysterical. It makes me angry. I try to be patient, but the whole time, I am muttering under my breath, as I run in circles around the car trying to catch my little monkey. When I catch him, I am furious, but he is giggling and I forgive him almost instantaneously.
Right now this is the most frustrating part of my day...ONE of the most frustrating parts of my day. But, I think I will miss it someday soon. Just like it broke my heart the other day when he asked to watch "Martha Speaks" instead of "Marfa Feaks" or called Hayley by her real name instead of "EE-EE". Or, when he asked me to put up his "unbrella" instead of his "bralella".
My only consolation is that he thinks the neighbors' donkey says, "Ni Hao" and the way he snuggles in bed with me, the morning after Halloween, eating candy for breakfast and discussing Spiderman and his amazing friends.
Where do you suppose our neighbors got that Chinese speaking donkey anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment