Stella Grace,
Our beautiful, wonderful little girl. You should know, that we completely adore you. It's difficult to remember any time that we didn't have your sweetness in our family. You are growing and changing so fast. It's such a pleasure to watch your personality develop and for us to try to guess exactly who you're going to be.
It's quite amazing how Heavenly Father knows just exactly what each family needs. When I found out that my first baby was a boy, I was a bit disappointed. Of course I wanted ruffles and ribbons and all things girly. Then, we got Charlie and we wouldn't have had it any other way. I discovered what fun boys could be and then I really had my heart set on having another boy, a little brother for Charlie. The moment that the ultrasound tech said, "it's time to go shopping, Whitney! You're having a girl" I burst into tears. It felt perfect. I just knew that we needed a girl. As it turns out, we didn't just need a girl...we needed you.
You have been such a blessing to our family. You were the piece that had to come next. Where Charlie is wild and funny and destructive, you are sweet and peaceful and clever. We've also seen a funny, feisty side of you developing in the last few months. While we don't see it often, it can be called upon when needed. You don't mind Charlie pushing you around, but when you get mad-you get mad. You clench your fists and instead of just shaking your head :no:, you shake your whole body. You squeal and yell. It is hysterical. I think the contrast of that yelling against your usually sweet demeanor and darling little voice, shocks everyone. It is very effective.
You say a bunch of words: mama, dada, nana, bapoo, more, baba, hi, bye, dog, water, ee-ee, etc. You can walk, and have walked, but you aren't particularly interested in it. You prefer to crawl at lightening speed or lunge at whatever person is within lunging distance. You adore being held. You like to explore and open cabinets and drawers, but if a choice is offered, you always choose being held. It is always worth holding you, because you lay your head down on our shoulders or nuzzle your little face into ours.
You are a crowd pleaser. For about six months now you have been doing this scrunched up smiley face, which is hysterical. You have a gap between your front teeth and dimples in your cheeks, which just makes every smile that much better. You love to wave and say hi to everyone. Last week you were in the cart while I was loading our Costco purchases and your brother into the car. You were happy as a clam to sit there smiling, waving and yelling "hi" to anybody that passed. When we arrived at the high school football game, you were almost frantic-trying to greet everyone. You were waving with both hands and smiling to beat the band.
Stella girl, you can really pour out the affection. You love to hold hands and walk, you love to snuggle and lay your head down on my shoulder. Sometimes when I"m holding you, you just rub my arm or pat my back. It is ridiculously endearing. You love to play peek-a-boo and try to do all the actions to songs when we sing to you. You mimic all the words we say. You and Charlie love to take turns yelling at the top of your lungs at each other. You both find it hilarious and soul-satisfying. I find it....loud. You still sit, waiting for somebody to look at you so that you can smile and love them up.
You love to play games and think that crawling at top speed to off limits areas is about the funniest game there is. The moment you take off, you begin laughing and stop periodically to check over your shoulder. It wouldn't be as fun if you weren't being chased! Your favorite place of all is the tub. When we go in the bathroom, you start lunging and yelling. When I turn on the water you bounce and jump and try to climb in. You are hysterical and fearless in the tub. You like us to leave a little water running for you to play in, and drink from, and put your whole face in. When Charlie dumps water over your head (which I'm sorry to say has happened more than once), you don't even cry-you just brush away the water streaming down your face and carry on playing. Have I told you, you're a dream?
You are a good eater and I know your done because you start methodically emptying your tray onto the ground. You hate watermelon and milk. You love cottage cheese and smearing food in your hair. You feed yourself and with enough motivation (like ice cream) can even use a spoon.
Today I found a picture of you from six or seven months ago. You were in the Kelty Kangaroon carrier, sleeping against my chest. It actually made me ache to look at it. I adore watching you play and discover right now, but it's not so often I get to cuddle you up and let you sleep on me. Someday you will understand, but there is nothing as good for the soul as holding a sleeping baby. You have been sick the past few weeks. It has been quite awful, with none of us getting enough sleep and you whining all day long. But, your dad and I have LOVED getting to rock you to sleep and love you up all we wanted. Dad actually asked me to take a picture. He said it's the only thing he's ever wanted as a dad, and he finally got it. His world was completed by you and all you had to do was sleep!
We love you, sissy (by the way, Charlie has just started calling you that and it is quite wonderful). You are so special and angelic and a little bit feisty too. We can't wait to watch you grow up and discover everything you are meant to be.
Love,
Mom and Daddy
You have the sweetest mommy, Stella :)
ReplyDelete