Monday, May 14, 2012

Funny things

I always try to save these things in my phone after he says them, but there are just too many. Hopefully they make sense! Also, his vocabulary has gotten out of control lately. There is next to nothing that he can't say or express. Sometimes he says words that I had no idea he knew like the other day when he lectured my mom and Hayley about a 'cantilever.' Or when he explained to me that a mystery was something to solve problems. Also, he is very passionate about the 'environment.' He calls all dinosaurs "bracheosaurus"  I don't even know how to spell that.
Sometimes he takes on characters from the shows he is watching. A few days ago he was playing downstairs. I called down, "how are you doing bud?" He answered, "terrible" I said, "did you just say terrible?" "yes. I am terrible because nobody here likes airplanes as much as I do." In case you are not familiar with this particular episode of Fireman Sam, Norman Price can't find anybody to play paper airplanes with. He also starts a fire later in the episode. Also, the Ponty Pandy Fire Department spends a good majority of the time and manpower cleaning up after Norman Price. Unfortunately, I think Charlie can identify a little better than I would like.
Here are a few other things he's said lately:
Charlie: Mom, I got a bee in my neck. it is trying to come out my tummy.

Me: Charlie, are you letting buster lick your head? Charlie: Yes. I am being his mudder. (mother)
Charlie: Where is erbody? (pronounced like erbody in da club gettin' tipsy)
While playing outside: see dis? It is like poop. Deer poop. Me and daddy find deer poop when we go hiking. it stinked

And the random responses:
Abby: Charlie, you need to tell someone before you go outside. It's not safe for you to be out here alone. Charlie: Um, I have scissors! (Makes cutting motion with both hands)

Me: Charlie please come inside. C: Um, forty years
C:I have to go help my dad. (Races away on bike) Hello dad. What is the problem? Dad: There is no problem bud. OK. (flashes a peace sign, then salutes) See ya dad. (races away on bike)

(Holding the garden hose up to make a water arch) C:Mom, go under the temple!

(Walks in. holding the poster that asked abby to prom) C: I don't unnerstand...then looking confused, he starts rattling off numbers and letters that he knows.

The employee who handled my return at the target customer service desk had a shaved head and a blue mohawk. Charlie asked (loudly), "mom. She is a dinosaur?" No honey. "she is have blue hair?" Yep. "i don't like her, she is scary." Clutching my arm. "i want you mom." You got me bud.

Cam put charlie to bed the other night when I was at book club. When he went in to check on charlie, he was nowhere to be found. Cam looked all over the house, then returned to the bedroom to find Charlie in the closet. 'Hey Charlie, are you going potty in there?' Yes. 'Do you want anymore chocolate milk or should I put it in the fridge?' Sticks his hand out, grabs the chocolate milk then pulls it back into the closet.

Charlie is constantly putting out fires, thanks to our good buddy, Fireman Sam.
do you see this squirting tool? i am spraying out fires on your bed. Seven years ago....bapoo's work
(sprinkling water from sippy cup all over head. We're talking dripping wet) M: Charlie what are you doing? Charlie: I am watering myself...like a flower! So I can grow!

More fireman speak: I saved the day! Stella, we need a get you back to a station!
C: I go a guitar lessons in the gym (Sam goes to guitar lessons, Cam goes to the gym. Charlie combines them when he has to take off)

He's also been saying tons of surprising phrases lately:
It must be around here somewhere...
You need a calm down
Nick, you need to chill
What is going on with you?
 aww she is a cutie grill
Somebody give me a hand!
You all need a shush! Reawee quiet.
I haven't seen that before!
I have an idea!
I got a 'portant job a do!
Do you want to make some friends with me in the playroom?
I need you a give it to me right now. I am serious.
Tank you very much no! No tank you! (made funnier by the sincerity of his little voice)
Dis is reawee freshal a me (this is really special to me)

Hayley broke her necklace the other day and he yelled, "Ee-ee! That is not nice. That is not good manners!"
In case I haven't noted it yet, he uses "a" something like you would in Spanish. It means "to" and "for" and also "a" and "the"

No comments:

Post a Comment