Monday, May 14, 2012

From two weeks ago-why don't I ever publish these things?

Being a mom is so hard. Stella is getting her top four front teeth all at once. She hasn't been able to drink out of a bottle for three days. Both babies have had colds all week. Sick enough to be whiny, but not too sick to cause utter chaos.I have been exhausted and trying like crazy to get the house clean, but sometimes I get so worn out that I do awesome things like leave the cat food that Charlie dumped on the kitchen floor right there on the kitchen floor. Sometimes for two days. I've had a lot of runny noses to wipe.

  A few things that have brightened my days: Charlie loving his new guitar(ukulele)and stashing it under his bed before he goes to sleep. Charlie emerging from his bedroom first thing in the morning with the guitar and announcing that he needs to go to guitar lessons and placing the guitar in a pillow case to keep it safe. Also, Charlie "leaving" for basketball games on a pretty regular basis.
   Stella smiling every time she even thinks you might look at her. Stella sitting in her crib with her legs poking out between the bars and kicking. Stella discovering a serious love for cheerios and encouraging me to vacuum by finding every microscopic piece of anything on the floor. Stella's chubby legs in summer rompers.
  My sweet husband thanking me sincerely for every meal (even the not-so-great ones). My husband giving me hugs and telling me that I'm pretty. My husband humoring me while I watch Celebrity Apprentice and waking me up in the morning to give me a kiss before he leaves for the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment