Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

There are a lot of wonderful things about having little ones, particularly when it comes to holidays. They don't know yet that "you're doing something wrong" or realize that the eggs, candy and baskets that you are putting in your cart are going to be "delivered" by the Easter Bunny. Also, they can't compare their baskets to friends and therefore realize that their "bunny" ripped them off. 

We went to church together-always wonderful. Charlie made his long-awaited return to nursery. He cried, but when we went to check on him, we found him reclining in the lap of a nursery teacher. When we got home, we relaxed, ate, and let Stella nap. Charlie watched Curious George while I filled eggs with goldfish and nerds.

Then we went to my Grandma and Grandpa's house, since my parents and spoiled siblings are in Hawaii. When I asked Grandpa if we could do an Easter egg hunt there, he said, "Well, I can't see why not!" and that was all the encouragement we needed. And really, they have the best backyard in the world.

Hayley called as we were pulling in, and Nick and Jessica called right before. They brought extra eggs from the preschool, so Charlie got much luckier than he would have if I was completely responsible.
I slowly got the kids out of the car, while cam scattered the eggs around, and then we were off. 

Stella sat on the blankie and charmed everyone, and Charlie immediately started eating the candy out of the eggs. We kept telling him to put them in the basket and he could eat the candy later. In true Charlie fashion he did things his own way. He would bite the eggs to crack them open, then dump the candy into his basket and discard the eggs. It was hysterical. If he got candy in his mouth during this process, he would eat some, then spit the rest into the basket. 

We tried to take pictures-because that's what you do on Easter. Unless you have a two-year-old.
Admittedly, not my best day for photos, but I did look much better that morning when we went to church. I just feel like that should be written down somewhere. But my kids look cute, so I'm sharing.














1 comment:

  1. Posts full of pictures of you and your cute kids are my absolute favorite!!!!!! Thanks for sharing these with the blogging world :) That Charlie is such a crack up! He kills me :)

    ReplyDelete