Monday, March 26, 2012

An old post I never published

Today Charlie was playing "the drums" on the musical toolbench at my mom's house. He was behind the chair where we couldn't see him. He would yell, "ready people!?! Get set go!" then he would rock out-pounding the toolbench with straight arms. His head was rocking side to side and his eyes were closed. There was an enormous grin on his face. Then, the music would stop and it would begin again...ready people?!? Get set, go!
Also, he dirtied his diaper while he was behind the chair. Later, he was watching the video (which he then deleted)that I took of the whole event on mom's phone. When he saw himself rocking out, he pointed to it and said, "poopin' charlie"

Charlie was standing at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cheese when his daddy walked in. Charlie looked at Cam, shook his head and said, "Awesome" then went back to eating.

Cam was laying on the bed watching a movie on the laptop. Charlie came and snuggled up next to him. He was being very sweet and loving up his dad, then he would reach up and squeeze cam's lips together to make them say "diego". After a few minutes, he sat up grabbed Cam's mouth with both hands and said (while moving dad's lips) "You go eat. I watch movie"

Charlie always replies with "Oh, great!" when you make a suggestion or tell him something. A few other favorites:
"let's do it!"
"not do it" always accompanied by frantic head shaking, when he wants you to stop.
"don't get me!" then he runs and proceeds to scream or hide
"I hiding!" Who are you hiding from "hide daddy" He says this even when daddy is the one asking him.
"Bout dris one?"=what about this one? It goes on for a very long time. Ex holding up every type of fruit or vegetable he can find while I tell him what it is called. He repeats it, then holds up another one, "bout, dris one?"
He repeats the word, "what" over and over. The fact that he hears you AND understand you perfectly does not stop it.
These are very funny, because he talks really well, but kind of falls apart on tv show names
Schwab Schwab=Sponge Bob
Dinosaur Dan=DaDaDa
Ni Hao Kai Lan= Hagan Ah (sounds like Hagen Daz)
Agoo=Diego Although he recently started saying this one correctly
Noona= Backyardigans. This stems from watching it on netflix and me telling him that I'd turn on a new one, when episode ended.

I love you had made an interesting progression from "Ah Dee" to "Wuv You" to "I Wuv you" to "I wuv you too, mommy" even when he says it first!

The other day at my parents' house he was playing with Sam. Sam said, "hey Charlie, let's fight." Charlie replied, "OK Sam, uh fight!" then he would run to Sam and pretend to box with straight little arms that went up and down. Then he would run to the other side of the kitchen island. Sam would say it again and Charlie would charge around the island to fight. After going through the same routine about 15 times, my dad said, "Hey Charlie, let's fight." Charlie came around the corner of the island, stared at him, then turned back around. Completely ignoring his Bapoo

He always calls Stella "baby sella" and one of the first things he does when he wakes up in the morning is check to see where she is. If he can't see her, he demands to know, "baby sella is?"

Yesterday I went into the bedroom where Stella was sweetly napping in her crib to see Charlie pointing his Buzz Lightyear gun at her face through the bars and shooting it over and over and over. Bless her little heart for sleeping right through the noise and the flashes of red light on her forehead.

This morning as I was walking away from the room, he was hanging on the crib bars while Stella slept and saying, "favorite brother, name Sella!" He also calls her his best friend. He also calls Kris, my mom's friend and cleaning lady his best friend. With good reason, he really does adore her.

No comments:

Post a Comment