Monday, March 26, 2012

Miss Stella

Another post I failed to publish from Feb 3.

I am completely shocked that baby girl is really a baby. She's not a little tiny newborn anymore. She is this darling little person with such a sweet personality. She is so much fun and an enormous blessing to our family. Since she was born, Stella has had such a peaceful spirit about her. Her brother exhausts me physically, mentally and emotionally some days. When I need a little pick me up I snuggle some Stella Grace and I feel so calm and happy.
Stella is fabulous to snuggle with and actually does real snuggly things, like laying her head down on your shoulder and sitting happily on your lap during church. She is so pretty and so endearing. None of us can get enough of her. Charlie has been sick again this week. He was weak and burning up with fever and just feeling awful tonight. He was half asleep in my arms, but when he heard Stella waking up he moaned, "Sella's awake. I so excited see her."
  I never expected these little ones to have such a sweet bond at such a young age. They adore each other. Stella always knows when Charlie's in the room, and she's always watching him. Sometimes when she spots him she just starts laughing. More than once, I have left the room, then come back in to find the two of them laughing hysterically together. Charlie "tickles" her (really more of a combination of scratching and pinching that she bravely puts up with-even pretending to enjoy it) and the harder he laughs, the harder she laughs. There are few times in my life that I have been as happy as when we are all home together, surrounded by our chaos, watching our little ones love each other like crazy. Charlie worries about her and at the tiniest noise from the bedroom, he yells, "I take good care her" and rushes to her aid. He talks to her in the highest falsetto I've heard, which is hilarious coming from a little man with quite a low voice.
 Just because she is calm, doesn't mean she doesn't know how to move. This lady is getting outrageously strong and coordinated. It has been amazing to watch her refining those skills. She grabs at everything and anything now and gets it straight to the mouth. She rolls around and does some little scoots, but is mostly content to hang out wherever she can observe the action. She always seems to be waiting for somebody to shoot a smile her way. She responds with a mega watt grin and a laugh almost instantaneously. She has recently started yelling. Still not a lot of crying, but when she wakes up from a nap or at night, she just lays in her bed and talks and yells. It is such a low little husky voice too. She cracks me up.
She still eats and sleeps like a dream, loves her toys and watching her daddy. She is so pleasant to have around is quite the charmer.
Man, we love this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment