
About every single night, I find myself humming this little ditty from Wicked.
After the kiddos go to bed, I look around at the absolute chaos that remains from our day. I get a little overwhelmed. Like, I kind of want to cry overwhelmed. But, then I check on the babes sleeping in their room-both their little bums up in the air- and I talk, and laugh, and plan and snuggle with my hubby, and I can't really keep that song out of my head.
After the kiddos go to bed, I look around at the absolute chaos that remains from our day. I get a little overwhelmed. Like, I kind of want to cry overwhelmed. But, then I check on the babes sleeping in their room-both their little bums up in the air- and I talk, and laugh, and plan and snuggle with my hubby, and I can't really keep that song out of my head.
At least four times every night, I have to talk myself out of going into their room and snatching those little babies up and bringing them into bed with me and Cam. I just love them so much and nothing makes me feel at peace like cozying up with my little family. I usually resist, but I can't help going in to watch them sleep.
I wish I knew what they were dreaming about. Charlie giggles in his sleep and Stella Girl sighs so contentedly. It must be good.
Oh Whitney! I miss, Miss, MISS you! I want to meet your kiddos (and Cam too)! You're family looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat's one of the sweetest posts Whit. You have such a darling family. I miss you. Tons!!!!!
ReplyDelete