I think about blogging daily. I consider blogging daily. I opt out of blogging daily. We have been busy little bees at our house. At the end of the day, we are all exhausted! Here's what we've been up to:
Cam is taking 5 million credits (or 21). He is the smartest little freshman around and I am very proud of him. He works super hard and although he hasn't been in school for, um, 9 years, (!?!) he is doing great. How was that sentence for punctuation? Cam is racing through generals at UVU and we have decided it would be the best thing for our family to forgo a move right now and transfer to BYU after this school year.
I have been working for my dad a couple days a week while Charlie hangs with his nana and his aunties and uncles-which he loves. I am finding work surprisingly enjoyable-even though I do miss my boy. I don't think he misses me, he is far too busy for that! Between working and all the mom/housekeeper things that have to get done everyday, and helping Cam study and being a cub scout leader, I am feeling very busy. But very good. Things are so good for us. It is a wonderful feeling to know you are doing exactly what you should be.
Charlie is the busiest bee of all. He rarely slows down. Ever. I get tired just watching him. But I never get bored. From morning til night, he basically just runs-nay, he sprints- from one place to another making messes. He talks gibberish and laughs the entire time. He covers his mouth with his hand and fake laughs. He knows it goes over well with his audience. He also fake burps and can on occasion, burp on command. He also tries to toot on command...I'm working on correcting that. I don't want my son to be the gross one...until at least third grade when all boys are gross. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it ever goes away.
He still loves to tickle everyone, loves vacuuming at Nana's, loves dogs, calls everything a "ga" and has discovered the beauty of the toilet and toilet paper. (thankfully he usually stops to wipe his nose before unraveling the whole role. Gives me some time to catch up.) He isn't much interested in using real words other than mama (when he wants out of bed), dada or daddy, and ga. He uses signs to tell us what he wants, and lately has been making up his own signs. Unfortunately, I don't always know what they mean, but we do ok.
Charlie has the best temperament ever. He is happy nearly all the time and loves to give hugs and kisses. He kisses all his stuffed animals and the real dogs too. Fish face included. He waves at everyone and basically thinks that the world exists to laugh at him. We went to a wedding reception the other day and he thought it was for him. He kept trying to get in the middle of everything and dance. He also danced his heart out every time the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang during conference.That was a hoot. A lot of times when he dances, he spins around in circles until he's dizzy, then continues to spin. He stumbles around like a drunken sailor, but won't stop spinning. It's so funny.
Basically Charlie is the best thing ever. We really love him.
oh my goodness, Charlie sounds SO cute! He is cute too seeing all his pictures! I love that he's so happy and I'm glad he's such a hoot for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Cam for doing school - that's awesome and impressive to be doing 21 credits! WOW good luck!
Life sounds busy but fun! Good luck with everything!
Our babies sound very similar, I just can't get her to say momma:) My husband and I are also cub scout leaders, never thought I'd be one. Good luck with school and work!
ReplyDeleteDear whit. FYI. Charlie does love toilets, I found him with his hand in one the other day. then guess where that hand went? straight to the mouth. he is so stinkin cute. i can't get over it.
ReplyDelete