Sunday, October 11, 2009

a much needed post

Yes I know these pictures are out of order, but blogger is being lame and won't let me move them. I refuse to give in and start all over. And yes I have been trying to move these pictures around for days, this makes me grumpy. Then I look at the pictures below of my boy and get happy again!
Charlie's new party trick...whole fist in the mouth. We have the coolest kid ever.






Life has been flying by and I have not been recording it! Here is my attempt to catch up.

This picture was taken right before we went for Charlie's 2 month check up. Poor little man had no idea what was coming. He only cried for a minute, but I still cringe just thinking about it. (oh yeah, and if you think you can see top chef paused on our bitty living room tv, you are right. I can't get enough of that or any other cooking reality show. When the reality shows aren't on, any food network gem will do. I must say we've been eating better since my food network obsession started. I get so inspired) A couple weeks ago Cam and I drove to Strawberry to enjoy the fall colors and check out the spawning salmon. Charlie promptly fell asleep, but he sure looks cute bundled up right?


We spent Cam's birthday relaxing in Park City and Charlie gave his dad the wonderful gift of napping all day! This is truly a birthday miracle because Charlie hates the car. We were able to drive around and enjoy the autumn weather and colors. Here's a picture of the little guy and birthday boy at lunch.


And a little scenery for your viewing pleasure


Cam blessed Charlie at my parents house conference weekend. It was so perfect. We loved visiting with our family and so appreciated everyone's support. My mom went all out with decorations and some delicious treats-and yes she and my siblings decorated those awesome cupcakes and I was jealous because it is the secret desire of my heart to be so crafty.

Here is a picture of Dad and Charlie watching conference on the mini tv.

Generations of priesthood. Charlie is lucky to have so many good men to look up to! His dad, grandpas and great-grandpas My favorite boys! (so it turns out you don't have to bless your baby in white and I've never been a fan of the tiny tux, so we went the Baby Gap route instead. He looks awesome if I do say so myself.) He slept like a baby through the whole blessing, probably heat exhaustion, but this sweater was too good looking to pass up. Trust me, pictures do not do justice.

The scrumptious refreshments. I forgot to rotate the picture

Charlie spending a little time with his grandparents.

p.s. we applied for Charlie's passport today. His picture is rad and it was funny to fill in the application: have you ever been married? nope. height? 24 inches

2 comments:

  1. We think your Charlie is pretty stinking cute too! Just you wait-- before you know it, he'll be walking and talking like Ruby. It goes so fast. Each stage is so fun. And good news: we are coming to UT for Thanksgiving and we were planning on coming to see you guys on our way down to Fillmore. We want to catch up with friends in SLC/Provo for a couple days when we first get into UT. So be thinking of when would be good for you guys! :)Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap. We really need to make a play date. Charlie and Claire. Seriously, it would be awesome. Charlie is adorable. P.S. I will also be in Utah for the entire Thanksgiving week. It would be so fun to go to lunch with our little ones. I know it can get pretty busy that time of year. Just let me know what you think and maybe we can work something out.

    ReplyDelete