Thursday, February 9, 2017

Back to the Blog

 I have frequently thought about coming back to this little blog. I've never been particularly consistent about it, but there's something remarkably liberating about the fact that nobody reads these old family blogs anymore. Everyone is instagramming and snap chatting and here waits the blog with nobody to read it, but lots of writing to be done, I think. I need a way to relax at night that feels productive and I think writing here might be just the ticket.Taking a multi-year break removes all the pressure of getting "caught up" or keeping a running record of our family. I'm also interested in recording somewhere for our children and probably for myself some of the decisions that we have made and are making. We don't exactly do things like anyone else I know and I hope think perhaps it will add some insight to our memories (or at least for future therapists.)
  Let's take a tiny snapshot of our family right now:
Charlie-is busy, but that goes without stating. He likes to be on the move. Sometimes Cam and I will wake up to discover that he's already been outside shoveling the driveway. He LOVES money. He is always asking for "a money making job." He works really hard and truly earns every penny. I'd say 90% of his current math education has been self-taught as he counts his money, records the numbers, trades in coins for dollars, researches potential purchases and figures out what he's lacking and heaven knows he's honing his negotiating skills.
  Charlie plays quite well with Stella and takes really good care of Henry (for a quarter. not joking) He gives piggyback rides and reads books to him. He and Stella play and play, then fight and fight some more. Typical siblings, I think.  He loves his kyuki-do (martial arts) class and works very hard. He was walking on air after his first belt test and progression. He has been taking special care to wet his hair to the side (because that's how you get the ladies,) Though we have very slow mornings around here with nothing to rush off to, he gets up and gets dressed down to his shoes at the crack of dawn every morning. He loves friends and being outside.
  Stella loves singing and dancing and pink. For a minute she thought she might like blue and Star Wars, but I think she's come back to her senses and certainly to her past history and is embracing the sparkle again. Stella is a profficient artist and is always creating something. She goes through stacks of papers and markers everyday. She is so firey and sassy. She's LOVES the cat and wants to hang out with him a lot. She sneaks him into the house and drives me crazy. She collects....things. I'm always throwing out an old shoelace or a tag she's kept from someone's clothes. She loves scraps of ribbon and anything pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment