Pumpkin muffin in the dress. Cause why not?
At Costco with mismatched jammies and high heels.
lipstick artwork. Courtesy of Stella
"kitty scratches" on Nana's couch. Courtesy of Charlie and a backscratcher
We made slime to entertain sick kids. It was fun
Charlie made a goldfish taco
and then Stella put the slime in her hair
lipstick or marker or nail polish. It's all been there at this point
More Stella art-marker and pen on her door
This is a bad picture, but the best thing ever. This spring, Charlie decided (for the first time since he was under 2) that he was interested in praying. Really, really loved to pray. This particular day, he kept disappearing outside, then he'd come in and tell me that he was giving himself blessings and giving blessings to other people. I was curious, so I followed him out to the garage, where he knelt down and prayed so sweetly for his family and especially for his Pappy, who he knew was sick. It was so tender.
The love of praying hasn't waned. In fact, recently, Cam tweaked his back and was lying on the floor. Charlie came over and knelt down next to him and prayed, "Heavenly Father my dad is hurt. Heal him. I know you can do this." He also came and knelt next to my bed when I wasn't feeling well last week. He offered to say a prayer and then said a tender prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me feel better. His faith is so amazing.
This is such a very funny thing that Charlie has done forever. When he's done going potty and waiting for someone to come wipe him, he hides. The shower curtains have always been an excellent spot, but when a rug is available, he goes with that too. He has always been surprised that we can find him. Love that boy










Whitney, You are an inspiration to me! I love your perspective on life and motherhood. I love how you cherish your children and being a mother. I loved your lesson today. Thank you.
ReplyDelete