One night, when cam and I were first engaged, we were doing laundry in basement at my parents' house. I remember sitting on the counter as a heaviness settled around me. Cam looked at me and told me that being with him, would mean doing things the hard way. He told me that life had never proved easy for him and there were things that he needed to do in life that would be difficult. It seemed only fair that I knew that by marrying him, I was committing to a lifetime of tough stuff, by virtue of the fact that I was tied to him.
I felt a little sick at that fact. I was annoyed with him for seeing life that way. I felt like an attitude like that was self-fulfilling prophecy. I tried to explain that it didn't have to be that way...that life is rough for everyone, but not that rough.
No comments:
Post a Comment