Saturday, February 1, 2014

A few things I am loving right now

1. Charlie and Stella are becoming friends. I honestly had my doubts as to whether or not it would ever happen. But they play together now and it's wonderful. Make no mistake-it's still mostly fighting, but there are moments. Yesterday, they were zooming around the house on their wiggle cars, playing police officers and bad guys. 
2. Stella can't say "s" at the beginning of words. She says "git" for skirt and "wim" for swim. She still has a spectacular lisp
3. It's like living in a musical with Stella in the house. She is constantly breaking into song and dance. The songs are more like yelling/wailing about inanimate objects and phrases she likes. An example: "we will always be families...and a cat is so cute...and my dance class...(insert leap)...and I am a pintheth...and we can be happy families...and my shoes...nana...(twirl)
4. Our favorite show is Curious George. By far. And without exceptions. They do, ahem, they could, hypothetically, watch watch it for hours.
5. My kids are both so open and friendly. They think everyone is the world would like to know them, and they are always introducing themselves, each other and me to random passerbys and fellow patrons of the library, or old navy. They aren't particularly discerning that way. It's wonderful and funny and also exhausting.  It keeps mom and dad on their toes. Always.
6. Charlie's become a hacker. Not sure I love this, but it is fun (and exhausting) to watch him figure things out. He cracked the childproof doorknobs and his car seat buckles. He can start our car (don't ask me how I know that).
7. Stella loves her letter. Whenever she sees an s, she's announcing to the world that it's "my letta!"
8. Stella gets herself dressed every day. She looks unreal all the time. And boy is she sassy. And funny.
9. I so love the time we carve out to be together as a little family. Playing freeze dance, reading, watching movies, tickling, eating dinner together. It's just perfect. It's also really wonderful to have a husband finds as much joy as I do in being parents to these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment