We did one session of swimming lessons this summer. It was chaotic and hilarious. The teachers decided that Charlie and Dominic should probably be in their own class-they were not such good listeners. Or obedient. At all. It was, however, very entertaining. Dom was completely fearless and dove under the water at every opportunity. Charlie wouldn't put his face in without goggles. He kept his eyes closed, even with the goggles. He informed the teachers as to what he would and would not do. By the end, he was mister brave and started going under the water whenever he was not supposed to. I was surprised at how much progress he made from the beginning to the end. And I realized again, that this boy doesn't do things without knowing the reason behind them. If his teacher simply told him to bob on the bottom of the pool, he would tell her no. If I explained that he needed to learn to bob in case he ever fell into the pool and that it would keep him safe, he would do it. Such a character.
I was trying to get a pic of the boys and Charlie leaned on Dom's back. Then he just sort of rode him down under the water. Luckily a teacher was there to grab this funny pair.
No comments:
Post a Comment