Friday, April 5, 2013

Some bullet points because blogging feels overwhelming right now:
  •  We love Fresh Beat Band at our house right now. Really, really love it. Charlie's passion is waning a bit, but if he can catch a new episode he is so, so happy. Stella goes crazy when she sees the picture of the band. She starts to dance and sing. She knows the songs and it is my favorite thing ever to watch her groove
  • We aren't allowed to say "stupid" in our family. Sam said it today and Charlie jumped right in with a firm reminder that we don't say that word "in our family"
  • Stella's getting molars. That girl doesn't teethe well. She's finally sleeping again, but there were three straight weeks of next to no sleep for the girls in this fam
  • Charlie has developed a little obsession for cereal. We don't buy it. He's been seeing other kids eat it for a snack and he just can't wait to get his little paws on some cereal. He keeps asking me to go to Nana's house so we can, "borrow some cereal." I'd buy it for him, because he's so stinking cute, but then Cam and I would eat it all anyway. So best to borrow it
  • Stella is crazy tall. She's in the 93 percentile for height and 70-something for weight. All the clothes I bought her for the summer are already getting too small. I had to go buy a bunch of new things so that she could get dressed.
  • All day, every day Stella is telling me to "gook" (look). "Gook, Mom!" I see honey. That's so great. "Gook, Mom." Yes, Stella. I see. "Gook, Mom. Mom, gook! Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." and so it goes
  • Stella has figured out how to pull off her shirts and is always shirtless or has a shirt stuck around her head, and therefore is wandering around the house yelling for me and running into things
  • Stella growls. A lot
  • Charlie is testing the limits and ignoring nearly everything we say. We've started a "listening jar". He earns a little puff ball to put in the jar every time he listens and obeys. I'm hoping it will cut down my nagging. 
  • Both kids love sunglasses and hats and are always accessorizing
  • Stella loves her "sooos" (shoes) and Charlie can't get enough of his stinky Spiderman snow boots. Cam and I have decided it's time to do away with those babies. They are irresistible to him, and he will peel off any shoes he has on if he catches sight of those snow boots. We are worried about the stinkyness and the heat. He's always hot anyway, not to mention when he's sporting snow boots with his shorts
  • Last week Charlie was questioning where our kid toothpaste came from. I told him we'd accidentally brought it home from Nana's awhile ago. He was concerned about my thievery, but I convinced him it was ok. The next day I brought some beef out to my car as I was leaving my parents'. They get the beef for us to use, but Charlie was fed up with me taking all off Nana's stuff. He said, "mom, you can't steal all Nana's stuff. You will be in another century."
  •  When Charlie was sick a month ago or so, I bought some pull-ups. He seems to have a tough time remembering to go potty when sick. After the sickness had passed, he wore one at night-just in case, and the next morning it was totally dry. He told me he had to go potty and I was rushing him off to the bathroom, but he didn't follow. When I looked behind me, he had a strange look on his face. I said, "hey! You're going in the pull-up. Stop! Get to the potty!" He looked at me like I was a total fool and said, holding up his hands in exasperation and shaking his head, "Mom, I already goed. This diaper is perfectly safe." Then walked away.
  • Yesterday Charlie had to change his clothes. He took his clothes off and got distracted before getting dressed again. He came walking into the kitchen, grabbed a bowl from the table and left the kitchen again. I said, "hey, what are you doing?" and followed him into the kitchen to find him holding the bowl under his you-know-what and peeing into it.  Seriously? What is it about boys? And why do I have so many stories about pee. Because I do have more.
  • While we're talking potty talk, have I mentioned that Charlie is desperate to be old enough to wipe his own bum? Cause he is. He told his dad the other day that when he is older he can "go to the temple and wipe my own bum."
  • Charlie was sad once when he was home with Cam and I was out, and again today when he was at my moms. Both times he went and found a framed photo of me and held it while he cried. Is that not hilarious/ totally tragic? He cracks me up.
  • Charlie has started storing away coins in his "treasure chest" an old jewelry box of mine. He swipes coins every chance he gets. He gathers up every bit of money he finds at my parent's house. His pockets are always jangling. He emptied Harrison's piggy bank last time we were there to play. We had to clear out his pockets before we could leave. He told me that "Heavenly Father wants me to save my quarters." Oh, He does? Why is that? "So I can buy pizza, clothes, dresses candy and toys."

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Seriously, that Charlie is a comical genius! I'm so glad you are writing all this stuff down because it is going to make for a good book one day. Miss you Whit and keep these little gems coming!

    ReplyDelete