I have discovered the secret to an enjoyable flight and vacation with an almost-two-year-old! Bring lots of aunties and uncles who adore said almost-two-year-old. Add Nana and Bapoo, Dora the Explorer on Sam's IPOD and the creepy cat on Hayley's IPAD and you are in for a most relaxing time.
The night before we left for San Diego, we kicked off the party with a trip to Salt Lake to partake of Les Miserables. It was amazing and I bawled at every scene that involved mothers and children. Pregnancy hormones anyone? But for the record, I am positive that Cam cried more than me. Here's the crew after the show.
Yes my dad looks exactly the same in nearly every family photo in Roberts Family history. He just can't resist the urge to talk while pictures are being taken...and yes I was doing some stellar editing on piknik, but then I got tired of it and left my mom's eyes looking remarkably freaky in the first picture.
We got home very late from the play, and got up very early for our flight the next morning. We were exhausted, but it was all worth it.
This family travels in style:
| Charlie got around like this the whole vacation. He was quite a star at the airport |
| Yes, dad stole the cart from the disabled and elderly to ride to baggage claim. The driver told Nick that he watches the MoTab broadcast every single Sunday! |
While the family enjoyed their segway tours around beautiful La Jolla, Charlie and I played at the beach
And after all that playing and fish tacos, we were very tired!
The next day we went to Coronado beach, then to play on the rocks at the beach in La Jolla
No idea why this little puppy turned sideways
Charlie found this giant piece of kelp. He hauled it all over the beach and rocks and would probably have brought it home with him had we not flown Delta where they charge exorbitant fees to bring kelp on board (and suitcases)
The next day the fam went to Disneyland, but we opted out seeing as how I'm pregnant and Charlie's 2. We walked around Balboa Park, visited the seals and sea lions in La Jolla and had fun with just the three of us.
The sweater around the waist is always a great statement, particularly when you're pregnant
Sea World:
We did a super special VIP experience tour at Sea World, which was wonderful. It saved us from our indecisiveness. Terrance just made decisions for us!
Charlie was dancing up a storm to the music


















No comments:
Post a Comment