I have been thinking lately that I really need to record on my blog how much I love being a mom, how I go in and check on Charlie about 15 times while he's sleeping and how much I love his laugh and watching him learn. I wanted to record what a magical thing motherhood is. I committed to write this post yesterday morning so that someday when he's a teenager and thinks nobody loves him, he can read my blog book and know that his mommy loves him.
Charlie woke up early and I made him a bottle and put him back to because he usually falls back asleep if he's short of his twelve hours of sleep. Then I went back to bed too. About half an hour later he was making noise in his crib, so I went to get him up.
He was standing in the corner of his crib and I started to pick him up, then something caught my eye. It was a dark pile of nastiness in the crib. I put him right back down and tried to give my brain a moment to catch up. I thought, "oh you poor baby, you threw up." Then I realized that there was a diaper next to the nasty. The crib also seemed unnaturally wet. I double checked Charlie and sure enough, he was without a diaper (Cam had put him to bed in a shirt and diaper because it was hot the night before, plus dads do stuff like that. They see no point in going through the hassle of putting shorts on over the diaper. Now I know why we do that).
I am so proud of my smart little guy, he learned how to take off his diaper all by himself! Isn't that amazing!?! And even more impressive, he is quite the little artist. He finger and toe painted with his own poop all over the crib. Wow, what an experience. He is also an extremely thorough little fellow-I'm quite sure he didn't miss a spot.
So, the post about how wonderful and beautiful motherhood is...will have to wait a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment