Sunday, May 30, 2010

10 months and going strong

 The little buddy hit his ten month mark last Sunday. It is amazing to watch his development and he is so smart. Here are a few of the things he is doing now:
  -Eating everything in sight, and begging for food. Especially loving strawberries, cantaloupe and avocado
  -Throws the food that he is unimpressed with on the floor. Doesn't want it to slow him down when he's trying to get to the good stuff. Particularly likes this trick when Grandma King's dog is around to gobble up the tasty treats.
  -Eating leaves, rocks, crumbs and dust bunnies. Basically anything he can pick up, he eats. When I try to get the foreign objects out of his mouth, he quickly swallows them. Yum. He eats an incredible amount of paper. I promise I try to keep the house clean.
  -Walking along all the furniture, and walking everywhere when he has a hand to hold onto
  -Yells at his mom (especially when she doesn't get is food fast enough)
  -Now says mama, dada, dog, doggy, baba, and my favorite getcha getcha getcha and he copies all the other noises we make.
  -Loves to play peek-a-boo. He will use anything around to cover his face and surprise you. Also likes to peek around chairs or walls for a good game of peek-a-boo
  -He is demanding our full attention. When I am holding him and doing something else at the same time (story of my life) he lean way over so he is right in front of my face and smile at me. Just so I don't forget he is there.
  -Loves animals and his Classical Baby movie (so do I. It has saved my life)
  -LOVES his Grandmas
  -Loves going for walks in the stroller
  -Poses for pictures
  -Wrinkles up his nose in some semblance of a fake smile. He especially turns on this little beauty for strangers or the camera.
  -Shakes his head "no"
  -Removes his bib and throws everything. Also waves away offerings he's uninterested in.
  -Always kneels
  -Trying to climb on everything.
  -Climbs up on the backs of mom's legs and stands holding onto them whenever I stand for two seconds in one place
  -Loves opening and emptying drawers, opening and closing doors, and generally making messes
  -Has yet to discover all the joys of playing in the toilet, but still finds it very alluring and makes a beeline for it whenever we forget to close the bathroom door. I'm predicting a lot of fun ahead on that front.
  Even when he's busy doing all those things (before 7 am-way before), he still manages to fit a million other cute things into his routine everyday. He is growing so fast and is so fun. He makes everyone happy and we love him like crazy!

2 comments:

  1. He sounds so cute! I am amazed at how much he speaks! Matthew went through a phase where he said dada alot and mama a little but now he's reverted back to gibberish! Don't you love it when they climb up the back of your pants whenever you stand still for a moment- lol it drives me crazy because it's always right before I need to move! I love that he tries to get in your face and smile when you're not looking- that adorable- although at the moment it may not be! Charlie sounds like so much fun! He's getting to big and grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you have a baby. Super cool! I still want to meet him. Are you going to the rodeo this year?

    ReplyDelete